Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

Beware this is going to be a long post.
Coaches' wives have nothing on Ag teacher's fiances. Nick is ALWAYS busy! For the past month or more I have known that Nick was not going to be here on Valentine's Day. He had to go to the San Antonio Rodeo for the pig show. When I found out about it, I was fine. I didn't throw a tantrum because it's his job. I definitely wasn't ecstatic about him not being with me, but I was good. I decided to go to Richmond by myself and watch Definitely Maybe and take myself out to eat to Chik-fil-a...drive-thru of course because I don't eat by myself!
He woke up at about 6am so he could leave for SA by 6:30am. I woke up with him and gave him his Valentine's card. We walked out and he left. It was really sad, especially because I didn't get a card from him. I figured that there would be something waiting for me in my car so I got dressed really quickly for school. Got into my car and NOTHING! I was a little bummed, but I knew that I would be getting flowers or something at school. The day ended and NOTHING!

I have duty on Thursdays til 3:30. I got back to my classroom and had 4 missed calls by Jake and he was calling again. I answered and THIS is what took place. He said that he wasn't going to come in this weekend, but decided to surprise his parents on Valentine's Day. I thought that this was very strange and plain out dumb, especially since he could be going to College Station to surprise Sarah Beth, his GIRLFRIEND! He was going to ride in with a friend from Houston and I needed to pick him up at Wal-Mart around 5:00. This is where the EXTREMELY AGGRAVATED Jenny comes out. I called Sarah Beth and asked her why in the heck was he coming to Wharton? She got extremely ticked as well. She called him and then called me back. She was soooo mad...I told her that it would be over for me if my boyfriend didn't surprise me, but surprised his parents. Both of us were getting even more mad at him.

So, the movie was playing at 5 and 8. I was not going to the 8 by myself and then driving back late on a school night. I told him that I'd wait til 4:30 and if he wasn't there I was pulling out. Why couldn't his friend drive him an extra 2 miles? Do you have any friends in Wharton that could pick you up? Can't you call your other sister-in-law to pick you up? What if I tell your Mom to pick me something up at Wal-Mart at 5:00 and you can be waiting there? I asked him every question possible. Finally he said he would give me $20 and I agreed! haha!

In the meantime, I go to Wal-Mart and fill up my car. I'm sitting in the parking lot at 4:30 because earlier Jake said he would be there about 4:45. I tried calling Nick several times because I was SO MAD. I left him a couple of voicemails telling him how Jake really ticked me off and is ruining my plans. I was in the middle of text messaging Nick this...I'm fuming and I'm about to cry....CALL ME! Then Nick called. I went to crying and complaining. Then he has the nerve to tell me that he told Jake that I probably wouldn't mind picking him up. Obviously, I get mad at Nick. He said that he figured I wasn't leaving right after school to go to Richmond. He knows that I always leave immediately after school so that I can do some shopping before and after. He kept apologizing to me that he offered me to pick Jake up. I finally figured the time that he would be arriving would be at 5:30 or later and this infuriated me even more. I was telling Nick how Sarah Beth was so mad at Jake and that she should dump him if she has any sense. Then he had to hang up because the other ag teachers were calling him to come help with the pig. As I was waiting for him to call back, I decided that I wasn't going to go to the movie, that I would wait until Friday. He calls back and I'm in the middle of telling him that I'm not going to his school on Friday because they ruined my plans for Valentine's Day when I catch a glimpse of Nick's truck. He said, "Baby, look to your right." I was sooooo soooo mad at this point and then I was completely shocked. All I could say was, "You little shit!" I don't get surprised, EVER! Ok, so this is probably the only time other than our engagement. Let me just tell you, he really pulled it off this time. I thought that he just made it in from San Antonio but he never went. When the Ag teachers were calling him to help with the hog, he was trying to call SBG and tell her the lie so that she wouldn't be mad at Jake. His packed bags...fake. Leaving early...fake.

Nick ran into Wal-Mart to get champagne as I called Sarah Beth and yelled at her for lying to me! :) He was going to stop at HEB to get it, but he knew that he didn't have time spare because I was minutes away from jetting out of the parking lot. When I first called SBG, she really thought Jake was headed home. She called him and he immediately told her about their sneaky little lies, so she got in on it too!

His idea was very well-planned out! We got in his truck and headed for their farm in Louise. We sat under the tree where we got engaged and the evening was absolutely perfect. We drank our champagne and talked about all of our good times. He went into the truck and brought me a card. It took my breath away...he wrote me an AWESOME poem in it that was a real tear-jerker. I really want to post it, but he might kill me if I did. We sat there for a little while longer and he went to get me a present from the truck. It was a point and shoot camera! WOW! It's actually a gift for both of us, but a very good idea by him. He wanted the small one for the honeymoon so we wouldn't have to lug the big one around everywhere and one that he could use to take before and after pictures of his tractors. After we finished the bottle we went to eat at Casa Hernandez.

The evening was absolutely amazing! He always finds a way to take my breath away. HE HATH REDEEMED HIMSELF!

Sidenote-At their farm, we were sitting on the log that we carved our initials and date into when we got engaged. We were facing US 59 because a cow had just had a calf behind us. As we were in deep conversation, I looked behind us and the cow was munching on the afterbirth. Doesn't get any more country than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it turned out well! Jamo

Abby said...

How fun that he is also a poet! I love that! If you ever want to go to San Antonio for a romantic get away, you should totally priceline a 4 star hotel. We got a great deal on one of our hotels that way. It will let you relive your college days and enjoy the riverwalk! We also really liked the Stone Werks Cafe (you may have eatten there before--it's in the Quarry!) It was yummy!