Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine's Day 2006

Oh how wonderful our first Valentine's Day together was. Nick had everything planned to a T. He really had to do some research on his idea. I met him in San Marcos at his apartment. He was all dressed up so I figured we were going somewhere fancy. Not the case! We hopped in his truck and we went through the drive through at Fuschack's BBQ. (The old one where CVS is now.) Mind you, we had only been dating for 4 months...I knew he was country, but dang, bbq on Valentine's Day. I knew he had something up his sleeve so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. We got on I-35 South, headed for San Antonio, I knew exactly where we were going....Canyon Lake. We took the exit and Nick found his designation. It was some park on the water. We found us a table, ate our bbq, and then watched the sunset. It was GORGEOUS! He was so cute! He brought my favorite champagne and he even bought some glasses and plates since all he had was plastic. We exchanged gifts...I don't remember what they all were, but I do remember that he stole my James Avery charm bracelet and had a tractor charm put on it. I need to find the pictures and upload them.

It was an amazing Valentine's Day. He really went to a lot of trouble finding out where to go and making sure we made it at the perfect time. He was really nervous about missing the sunset, but we had plenty of time. It will be a time that I will never forget.

Stay tuned for Valentine's Day 2007...not such a great memory!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That's a side of Nick I've never seen. (thank goodness since I'm his cousin) Good Job Nick! I can't wait to read 2007!