Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pathetic

Today my kindergarten team is throwing me a shower after school at Kim Williams' house. Mom and Jamie will be driving in for it. I'm not sure what the teachers all have planned, but I know there will be a chocolate fountain, which is the reason I didn't give up sweets for Lent! Rather than sweets, I decided to go with fried food. I figured fried food would be safe to give up since I don't eat much of it anyway. Yeah, it's sad and pathetic that I gave up something that I don't eat much of, but I'd like to be successful at it, for once! Reminds me of my Dad when he was young....he and all of his friends would give up beer for Lent. The catch to that was they started to drink whiskey instead.

This morning Stacy came into my room and asked if I wanted some fried fish from a local gas station restaurant. Of course I did, but then, thankfully, I remembered what I had given up. Instead I had a tuna lunch kit! Almost didn't make one day.....I AM PATHETIC!

No comments: