Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Crunch Time

We've only got 29 days until it all becomes official. I'm finally getting to go home this weekend to tie up a few lose ends. I'd like a relaxing weekend, but it doesn't look like that'll be happening anytime soon.

Here's what's happening:

Yesterday I ordered our "fancy" embossed napkins. Who knew that there were so many typestyles and textures of napkins. Glad that's behind me, thanks to my new dear friend Leigh at Miss Priss Originals. She's the friend that got me into her Bunco group...due to spending so much at her shop. I think I'm going to market with her in Atlanta in July. EXCITING! (It just depends if my hubby gives me the thumbs up.)

We (Mom and I) plan on ordering napkins, plates, paper, and any other extra things this weekend. I'd also like to meet with the caterer and the soloist. We'll see what all gets done. We are also going to have our dresses sized so they can be altered at some point tomorrow or Sunday. We'd also like to finish painting all of the antique doors we are using at the reception.

Nick and I are going to Country Crafts and Collectibles after school to get him measured for his tux. I'm gonna take some pics of him since he really hasn't been featured on the blog much. Tomorrow is his bachelor party so all the Shiner guys are coming in to be measured also. I'm kinda sad that I have to miss this experience, but maybe I can talk Tricia, owner of CCC, into snapping a few pics for me. Nick's SUPER excited about his party. Sounds like everybody in Wharton county will be there. Evidently, stag parties are the talk of the town and everyone can come and go as they please.

Brad and Gina are having a couple's diaper dinner Saturday evening...it makes me sad because Nick will miss it and Brad will miss his bach party, but there just aren't any free weekends anymore so things have to overlap.

FYI: I got a new perfume last week...Hot Couture by Givenchy and it's wonderful! I can't stop sniffing myself! :)

No comments: