Thursday, February 7, 2008

Shower # 5

The school shower I had yesterday was very nice and quaint. The kindergarten teachers were the hostesses. We had cake, punch, chips/dip, and margaritas from 4-6 at Kim's house.

Mom drove in from Shiner and Jamie from Houston for the shower. Jill was busy coaching softball.

Lisa, Stacy, and Tricia enjoying some spiked chocolate candies. Stacy really wanted one, but decided not to sin on the first day of Lent since that's what she was giving up.

Sweet Caroline made a cute card for Nick and me. She was so proud and sweet, it gave me goosebumps.

I got lots of really great gifts. The hostesses gave us our large and medium platters for our everyday china. My mom gave us 3 sets of our fancy flatwear. Nick's mom gave us 3 sets too. Jamie and Jill gave us our shower curtain. We got several plates and other things that are part of everyday china as well.

Jamie also brought me my KitchenAid stand mixer. She had to pick it up for me at the Willowbrook Mall in Houston. The mixer was a hostess gift at the Come and Go Shower in Shiner along with the Pampered Chef pots and pans. We've really raked in as far as gifts go. Our house should be completely furnished with new items. The best part of it all is that I can ditch all of Nick's bachelor crap!

No comments: