Friday, May 30, 2008

A Day Worth Celebrating

Yesterday was a BIG celebration for Nick and me. Wednesday he interviewd in El Campo and was hired as a Jr. High Ag Teacher! We are THRILLED about his new job. We will actually have time for each other like we did back in San Marcos. We'll have summer vacation together and evenings. I always thought that's how it would be since we were both teachers, but the past year it was DEFINITELY not that way with him working in Boling. His teaching partners asked what they should tell people when they ask why he quit BOLING to work in El Campo. It was said in a very crude way which ticked Nick off, but soon enough he can wipe his hands of it. The arrogant demeanor of these two gents is not Nick's speed which was another reason he wanted out. HE'S OUT!

Another reason to celebrate was my last day of school and my last day as a kindergarten teacher. We were also celebrating our 2 months of marriage and 1 year since our engagement. How the time flies!

We went to Sugar Land and had Pappadeaux's for dinner and then shopped at Target. We didn't get away from Wharton until late so we didn't have much time to do the shopping we had planned. We did find some pretty towel racks and toilet paper holders for one of the bathrooms. Monday we bought a chandelier for the dining room. These little purchases are making me VERY excited about moving into OUR house. This weekend I plan on pressure washing the house and working in the flower beds.

2 comments:

Abby said...

So excited for you all! Sounds like how we celebrate, dinner and target!

Jamie C said...

That is great about the job and the house-stuff!

The videographer stop on the road while I was walking Friday morning to ask about the DVD. Jill, Thomas and I watched it on Saturday. It was good. Is he giving you the raw footage as well? I'd ask for that too.

I had a good weekend at home. Looking forward to Laredo this coming weekend!