Monday, May 5, 2008

Overview of the weekend

Friday-Went to Chili's with Brian, Abby, and the gang. Always a fun visit. (Thanks again for thinking about me during my widow week!)

Saturday-Left for Victoria at about 8am. Shopped at Target and Dillards then went to see baby Avery at the hospital. What a cutie! She's got a headful of black hair. So much that you can put a clip in it already. I hope my kids have hair when they are born. Bows are a must! Made it back to Wharton at 2:30. Helped Nick with Ag stuff the rest of the evening. I won't even mention how I despise his job and teaching partners at the moment. Went to Los Cucos with Nick. Our first time for dinner together in over a week!

Sunday-Got up and helped Nick with Ag stuff. Went with him to the fair until 9pm. He designed and helped one of his students build an awesome BBQ pit. Unfortunately, he got 2nd in his category. It was really screwed up this year. The bbq pit-on-wheels was in the "Home and Garden" category. He got beat by a bookcase. Not sure why they stuck them in that category, it's definitely not something I'd have in my home or garden! This project was the only thing Nick was really pumped about so he wasn't very happy when the announcements were made.

Currently, I'm halfway finished with my new book, living at the fair, and working on a very funny persuasive paper for my husband! Maybe I'll share it when I'm done.

No comments: