Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Saturday Nick and I are going to take a trip down memory lane to good ole San Marcos. I'm very excited about staying at his old apartment, eating at River Pub and Herbert's, and most importantly THE OUTLET MALL! The first place I'm going to hit up is Pottery Barn.

When Jill and I lived together (and even when we did not) we would make a trip to PB almost daily. We figured out the exact times when they put new items in the extra 50% off bin. It was heavenly! There were several occasions when we wanted to beat down the ebay shoppers for a good bargain. They were like vultures and would hoard everything. I can still remember exactly what these 2 ladies look like. We were nice shoppers, just going for the thrill of a good deal. I can't even begin to tell you how many sets of PB bedding we have between the two of us that we really didn't need. If we weren't stalking PB it was Dillards or Target. One time we stumbled across a great sale at Dillards and bought 11 pairs of shoes! I'm sure Mom and Dad are glad they got us out of the San Marcos/Austin area.

So, the reason for the trip is to go to Tiff Turek's bachelorette party in Austin Saturday night. Tiff and I used to hang out an awful lot in high school and in college. We were going to be roommates when I graduated because Dad and her dad were college roomies. It ended up not working out because I could only get 3 classes (10 hours) my first semester at SWT. I ended up commuting until the following semester. Unfortunately, we kinda drifted apart when she graduated and moved to Houston. We're finally getting to be in touch more now that we are not so far away from each other. She's always been a great friend and boy, do we have LOTS of fun memories together. We were always good though. I remember her dad, the Athletic Director at SHS, telling us if we got caught drinking we would have to do bellies in the gym. Needless to say, we rarely drank! I can't wait for the bachelorette party and her wedding. I never would have guessed that Tiff, Dawn, and I would all be getting married in 2008.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be in New Braunfels and of course we will have to frequent the outlet mall. Maybe we'll see you there....probably beating someone down in PB :) Bonnie

Tracy said...

I definitely plan to spend some time in pottery barn, so maybe we'll see you guys there! If I see you in a fight, I'll try to help you out. (no guarentees of the outcome though, I'm not a good fighter) -T

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know you were around this weekend. Miss you. What about Del Castillo the 31st? - beth