Thursday, May 15, 2008

Filled with Joy!

Last night Nick and I returned a couple of umbrellas to our friends Joe and Julie Mask. Joe and Nick became friends when Nick was in high school. Joe was actually Nick's ag teacher. They spent lots of time together going to shows, working with animals, etc. Nick always refers to him as his mentor. Whenever Nick has any questions about his teaching career he goes straight to Joe because he has seen it and done it all. Last July, Joe and Julie had their first baby, Jennifer Linn. (Wonder if they liked me so much that they named her that?! BUT I am NOT Jennifer...that's my cousin and cousin-in-law.)

So, we make a surprise visit to their house and they have other people there for hoof-trimming. Julie and I walked inside to look at their new house. They recently added 1800 square feet to their old, 600 square foot home. She's showing me around and Joe walks in because he has to bring a guy somewhere. He tells me that we have to get together and talk. He added, "Really, I mean sit down and TALK!" Then he says that Julie can tell me a little bit about it. This made me very nervous. After he left, she told me that her and Joe had been working on their will. They wanted to put us down as Jennifer's guardian if something were to happen to them, as well as godparents. Wow! What an honor! Nick came and in and Julie told him about what we were discussing. He was as shocked and honored as I was. Of course, we would do this for them. It just makes you feel good inside when people think so highly of you that they ask to be such an important person in their child's life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenny! That is such a very special honor!!!!

Jamo