Monday, May 19, 2008

Sweet Home BBQ Cook-Off


Our Team-2 Farm Boys and A City Slicker
Dawn, Scottie, Me, Nick, Jamie, & Robert

This past weekend we participated in the Sweet Home Volunteer Fire Department BBQ Cook-off. Dad and RP have been entering bbq cook-offs for quite a while now. I'm not sure why or how we got the wise idea that we should try, but we did. We being Robert, Jamie, Dawn, Scottie, Nick, and me. Nick and I were basically supervisors during the entire event. Needless to say, we didn't do so hot. The Rounders, Dad's team, didn't do well either, so maybe there is still hope if we try again. I stole a few pictures from Jamie.

Dawn and Jenna early Saturday morning. Nick and I were still in bed. Sorry guys, it was the first day we've gotten to sleep-in in weeks. We'll be better next time.

2 Farm Boys and a City Slicker-checking out the goods

The Rounders & 2 Farm Boys & A City Slicker campsite

Robert-head cook-cutting up the que

Dad making faces at the camera or maybe he thinks our meat looks gross!

Dad cutting their bbq

Rob cutting the best brisket

Mom winning first place for her super yummy coconut meringue pie. She screamed really loud when she realized it was her number. It was so funny. She went against 32 other pies. I helped judge the competition and let me tell you, it was the best!

I was going to scold a little boy that was ticking me off. He kept picking on some of the little Shiner girls and I'd had enough of it.

I'm coming back from telling him to be nice. He's the little one to the right of me. It was the kindergarten teacher coming out in me since his parents were no where to be found.

Nick napping after a hard days work. He didn't work all that hard. We got there at 11 and this was at about 3.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Fun! Sometimes its not about winning, its just about the event! So excited for your mom, because really it is much more fun to win! At least you all had a cute name!

Anonymous said...

We all had a great time and the food was excellent.

Perhaps Jenny is being narrow-minded because it wasn't her idea! :) hee hee She wouldn't even help wash dishes when asked or bring decorations. SLACKER!

Jenny Popp said...

I was asked to wash 2 dishes and they were all greasy. I won't do my own when they are like that! They could have soaked for a while & then I would have done them.

As for the decorations, I couldn't find anything in Wharton when I talked to you. Plus, we were spending enough money as it was.

Soooo :oP