Monday, May 5, 2008

Our House



Finally, a picture of me and my house-on-wheels. I think I look really cute in this picture. Since we don't have much of a refridgerator, we have to use lots of igloo coolers. (That just reminded me of that one SNL skit at the Welshly Arms!) We also have two nice patio chairs, if anyone wants to visit!

Really, our house-on-wheels looks much better than this. I guess I could be worse off and live like this poor soul. Although she looks really happy. Whenever I ride with Nick to his school, we always pass this really trashy house. Nick has a starring problem...he doesn't mean to be rude, he just doesn't realize he's doing it. I'm trying to break him of his habit. If you ever see him starring, just wave at him like everyone else does. Anyways, there's always someone out on the porch drinking, bbq-ing, or just sitting around. No matter what time of day. Every time I'm with Nick he makes some comment..."Boling's finest" or "Makes ya proud." I finally called him out on it yesterday. If they are so nasty and disgusting, look the other way! We also drove by this other trailer house the other night. One of "Wharton's finest." Anyways, I was in the middle of making some comment, but immediately told Nick that I probably shouldn't say anything because we look like that right now too. We don't have a bbq pit outside or pink flamingos, but I do have my name on a sign. My father-in-law insisted that I have a sign so that none of the people building their house park on my cement slab parking spot. It's really quite comical. Thank goodness our house is out in the country. I'd hate for people to drive by and comment on my living arrangements!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I love this!! YOU MUST TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SIGN!! I think this is fabulous. Just think one day you will get to talk about your first married home!! Ha ha!

Tracy said...

This is not what expected the house on wheels to look like so it really made me laugh. I love the picture! How much longer do y'all plan to live there? When y'all finally get to move into a house it will feel like a mansion!

I want to see a picture of the sign too!