Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We found our calling...

Saturday we made strudels for the wedding. We started our strudel baking extravaganza at about 10:30am, we all look rough in these pictures due to the long shopping day on Black Friday. After we rolled about the 20th strudel out of 40 I found our way to make millions. Being a school teacher, I'm always trying to think of something that will make me millions so I can get out of this job. We want to open up a strudel/kolache shop like Freebirds. You pick your fix 'ins and we roll it and bake it. How awesome would that be??? It would work, especially since most people don't know what "real" strudels and kolaches are. Once they'd eat ours, the word would spread like a wildfire. Here's a few pics our fun day!

First we (Robert and I) peeled the apples...I had to take a break to take photos.



Dad got in on the action and cored the apples.


Jamie diced them. The Nicer Dicer ROCKS!


Mom got all the fix 'ins ready. In the picture she's crushing up cornflakes. I had no idea that cornflakes, vanilla wafers, and saltine crackers are part of strudel filling.


Mamo got the dough ready for us.


We filled them with apples, raisins, coconut, lots of sugar, the crunchy mixture, and butter.


The final product before rolling it up...


And here's the rolling process...


I've got more pics to upload and then I'll post them.

No comments: