Monday, November 19, 2007

Boot Camp

Friday I went to stay with Jamie in Houston because Nick was at Brenham for Area LDE's. (Ag stuff) Jamie, Robert, his boys, and I met up with Dulle, James (Dulle's husband), Emma (Dulle's new baby), Karena, and a few other girls at Lupe Tortilla. Saturday morning we woke up at 7:30am to go to "Boot Camp." It's a fitness program Jamie has been doing for a while. For some reason I agreed to go with her and do it. What in the heck was I thinking? First of all, we had to run 2 miles holding some weighted PVC pipe. When we made it back we had to do all kinds of other things....squat jumps, wall sits, regular squats, bicycle crunches, toe lifts, a race pulling a tire, and etc. It reminded me so much of Athletics in high school. It was HORRIBLE! Yesterday I was terribly sore...it hurt to sit on the toilet! Today I'm a little better, but still sore. I can't believe she pays good money to be tortured like that. I know that I would never have made it in "real" boot camp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I was in TEARS reading that! Good stuff! I wanted to call you yesterday to see how you were feeling. You won't want to hear this: I have not really been sore at all! :) See -- bootcamp DOES pay off!

I'm really glad you came with me!! See you Wednesday!