Friday, November 16, 2007

Bought it

Last night Nick and I went to Sugar Land to spend a little time together since we hardly ever get to anymore. Our first stop was IW Marks to check out rings for him. The first time we went there was last December. It was the first time that we had looked at engagement rings. The lady there was completely rude. Nick had lots of questions...simply because that's how he is. If he is going to spend a buttload of money on something, he's going to make sure he knows every detail. Let me just tell you, since all of the shopping he did, the boy knows diamonds better than me! We left the store and I figured Nick would probably never go ring shopping again. Somehow he managed to overcome that first experience and we went to Americus Diamond in Austin. I showed him several that I liked and one that I LOVED. After we got engaged, he told me that he went there several times and spent several hours there the day he bought the ring. He absolutely loved the customer service. Back to the story...I went to IW Marks on Monday to check out their rings. They had a great selection, but again the customer service stunk. That night I went home and sent the owner an email telling them that I was unsatisfied with their customer service, but would give them one more chance on Thursday, only because they were having a great sale. We went back on Thursday and the man was very helpful and nice. It was the same guy that helped me on Monday. Maybe he got the email. Nick found one that he liked, but we left so we could think about it for a while. Meanwhile, we went to Dillard's to pick out bedding and then we ate at The Cheesecake Factory. After we ate, I decided to go get the ring. I should be able to pick it up in two weeks! I was so excited about finding one and actually buying it, but also felt kinda weird. I just can't believe this is all happening!

No comments: