Monday, November 12, 2007

Favors

At Shiner weddings, everything is different than the norm. We make pin on favors and people donate money for them. The bridesmaids and groomsman who are in the wedding together go and pin them on and take the donations. It usually turns into a big competition. Anyways, people usually do those ugly gold or silver cheap, crappy wedding rings tied with ribbon. (I'm sorry if any of you are reading this and have had those as favors or are having them in the future.) I just don't like them. It was hard to come up with something different and cute so I was going to X it off the list. We would just pass the boot or do "The Dollar Dance." Plus, that was going to be one less thing for us to do. We kinda tossed around a few ideas, but still couldn't find anything reasonable enough to make 1000 of them. Well, Mom came up with something that is very different and actually cute! Yesterday we decided to get on the ball and make them. Dad did the cutting. Nick did the bending. Mom did the squeezing and hammering. I did the tying. Jaace did a little bit of hammering and Jill did a little bit of tying. I did a lot of tying and hammering. So, now my back hurts from being bent over all day. We have 500 of them completely finished. I ran out of ribbon so I'm making a run to Hobby Lobby so we can finish them this week. We have a little more hammering to do and 500 more to tie. It really wasn't as bad as I expected...especially when everyone pitched in. A big thanks for all of ya'lls help!

P.S. The bridesmaid and groomsman that brings in the most money from the favor sales will get a prize! :)

No comments: