Friday, November 23, 2007

Stock the Bar Shower



Finally uploading a few pictures from my first bridal shower. It was a Stock the Bar shower hosted by Beth Hagan in Buda on November 3rd, 2007. A list of who came and the gifts I got from them is attached. I figured it would be a good way for me to keep record of it.

Abbey and Matt Niemann-bottle of Bacardi Rum. I taught Kindergarten with Abbey for 3 years.

Beth Hagan-Tito's Vodka. I taught Kinder with Bethy for 2 years. She taught Pre-K the first year I was there and then moved to kinder after Pre-K was moved from our school to another.

Barbara Woods-set of crystal tumblers by Mikasa. Barbara is a Math Intervention teacher at Fuentes. We got to be pretty close my last year at Fuentes...it was her first year to help the kinder team. She was awesome!

Paige and Dana McFadden-Jenny and Nick engraved beer mugs. Paige was the same as Beth. She moved to kinder after pre-k. We got to be very close my last two years at Fuentes. Here's a funny story...our team was sitting around and talking about dating and how long people were together and what kind of trouble we got into when we were younger. Paige said that here and Dana started dating in 1982 and I blurted out that was the year I was born. I guess I should have thought about it before I said it. We all just laughed and she always gave me heck about it. Paigey and Bethy were like my motherly figures at Fuentes.

Brooke Sellers-2 bottles Texas wines. Sellers taught multiple grades at Fuentes. She finally is sticking with 2nd grade. We both went to TX State together...I remember sitting in front of her in our block classes. Somehow we ended up at Fuentes together and became great friends. She's an awesome gal.

Mom, Jamie, and Jill-Calphalon ice bucket, lots and lots of cute bar accessories. The most awesome mother and sisters a girl could ask for! They are putting up with a heck of a lot for me, but I can't wait to do it all for them one day too. Love you all so much!

Mrs. Popp-Basket full of wine, whiskey, bar accessories. She couldn't make it to the shower, but gave me a cool gift when I got home.

Evy Grant and Debbie Keitz-bottle of Chandon champagne. We're using it to toast with at the wedding! Debbie...where do I begin with Debbie?!?! She is one crazy lady. I taught kinder with her for the 3 years I was there. If you ever needed a laugh, Debbie would be the one to go to. She was the true blonde. For instance, at the shower she ran to Jill to give her a hug, thinking it was me. Fortunately, Evy joined our team my last year at Fuentes. She is a super girl! She was definitely the go-to girl to make you feel good and tell you something positive even those sometimes we just wanted her to be negative with the rest of us! :)

Jamie Burda Prado-bottle of Absolut vodka and "P" guest towels. Jamie and I taught together for 2 years. She left my last year to be a mommy and wife! Jamie is a wonderful, wonderful lady! We've got lots of hilarious stories between the two of us...we instantly became close buds since she was from Yorktown. Country girls can relate!

Julie Castillo-cash. Julie aka "Office" is another crazy woman. She has to be the most hilarious secretary that exists. We'd always get a funny call or email from her. She was the one that would call to warn us when the "Big Boss" was in the building, or the one to yell at me to take my attendance. She'd surely be someone to make you laugh if you were having a bad day.

Janice Mangrum and Nancy Villanueva-2 recipe glassses, Milagro tequila, and Margarita napkins. Janice and Nancy were the coaches at Fuentes. I must add that they were the best! You always had to watch these two because they were the pranksters. They sure know how to have a good time and put together an awesome field day.

Kathleen Hymes-Calphalon cake pan and bottle of Benzinger wine. Kathleen was the secretary to the "big dogs." This lady had her stuff together! She is a super secretary and should be making big bucks for all that she does. I love this lady! She was the one that we could tell secrets to and she'd tell us some too! :)

I miss my Fuentes Stars! Thank you all for a great shower. I love you guys! Hope to see you all at the wedding.

No comments: