Tuesday, November 20, 2007

House on wheels

I'm going to try to tackle our living arrangements in one post unless it gets too long. Currently I am living with Nick, his parents, and his grandmother in his grandmother's house. Here's the story behind all of it....Nick's grandparents, Grams and Gramps, lived in Boling/Pledger for quite some time. As they got older, they wanted to move to Wharton since Nick's family was there. It takes about 20 minutes to get to their old homestead, but it was easier on everyone if they lived in town. They bought a house and completely rennovated it. I'm not sure how long they lived in town when Gramps got sick, but he died on August 30th, 2005, his 90th birthday. Nick's parents had sold their house a few weeks or maybe even days prior to his death. I'm not real sure. Anyways, they were planning on renting a place til their house was built. Since his death, they moved in with Grams to take care of her. Two years passed by, Nick and I are engaged, and they were kind enough to let me stay with them until I found something to rent. Well, nice apartments and nice rent houses are hard to come by in Wharton. I've stayed with them longer than I anticipated. I don't mind staying with them at all, I just don't want to be living with Nick. Even though we sleep seperately, we still are lucky enough to be the first and last thing we wake up and fall asleep to. I really love it, but want the excitement to be there when we get married. Lots of people probably think it's stupid, but I'm sure most people understand.

Here's where the house on wheels comes in...

Nick and I are going to purchase Gram's house from her when Nick's parent's house is built. Since they are just starting their house, it will be a while until it is finished. Nick and I have tossed around the idea of buying a travel trailer so I can live away from him and so that we have a place to stay when we get married if the house is not finished. Yes, I'm already looking for some denim overalls and white wife-beaters to complete my new wardrobe. Personally, I think it's a great idea. It's a win-win situation. We'll have a "real" house sooner or later plus a house on wheels! We've already talked about bringing it to Shiner for the wedding so people can crash there and a few other adventures we'd like to go on.

Nick has been looking for a trailer everyday for the past few weeks. We've found several that we like. Today we are going to Houston to check a few of them out. If we come home with one tonight, be looking for pictures soon! :)

No comments: