Friday, November 23, 2007

Ralphie

I've been a good blogger, but haven't been a good picture poster. I love reading blogs, but I love seeing pictures with the posts. I'm going to try to be better about it. Thank goodness for the long Thanksgiving holiday because I can catch up. Anyways, Ralphie is our first baby! This post doesn't have anything to do with the wedding, but he's my baby! He was an orphan calf that Nick and I had to bottle feed. The momma cow died a few weeks after he was born. She was really old...you could tell she was going to die soon. I guess Ralphie was the cause of her death, he wore her out. Nick should have sold her a while ago, but he knew he was going to keep her until she died because it was the last cow of his Gramps'. I would have done the same thing. So, now I'm trying to talk Nick into not selling him. He's just so sweet. When I walk he comes to the fence and moo's when I call his name. It reminds me of when I was a little kid. Dad always let us bottle feed calves. Sometimes it's more of a hassle, but they are just so darned cute. Everyone has told Nick that he will have to give me a few hundred dollars to go shopping so he can hall him to the sale barn when I'm gone so that I won't notice. I know we won't be able to keep him forever and I know we'll have plenty more to feed. So, heres a few pictures of him. He's currently getting weened off the bottle. He's down to 1/2 of one instead of 2 a day.


No comments: