Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where do you get a sixpence?



Well, in my parts you get it in the mail from the bank! This makes me love small town life and small town banks. Lots of times I complain when I can only spend $300 a day from my debit card and I have to call them and up the amount. It was also very frustrating when these small banks didn't offer online banking and debit cards until several years later than normal banks, I even switched from one small one to the other, just to get a debit card. I guess when you think about it, it's nice knowing who your bank people are and they know you.

Mom and Dad have an account at the Yoakum Bank so they sent me my sixpence in the mail. I thought it was pretty interesting. If they wouldn't have sent it, it would have been an old tradition I probably wouldn't have done.

No comments: