Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Things I hate:

1) 40 degree weather whilst living in a house-on-wheels.
2) Laminate floors in house-on-wheels in 40 degree weather.
3) Not having enough blankets whilst living in house-on-wheels during 40 degree weather.
4) Having a toilet facing the bedroom and right next to the sink in house-on-wheels.
5) House-on-wheels!

Ok, so I don't hate the house-on-wheels! It's actually working out very well for us right now. Would it be something I could do for a lifetime? Heck no....I probably couldn't do it for 3 months. We are very anxiously awaiting the Popp's to be finished with their house. The cabinet people are coming on Friday and they will start painting next week...more than likely. I cannot wait to live under a real roof again...especially since it will be our very own home. I've got lots of remodeling to do, which will be the perfect summer job.

Another exciting note...Nick and I found a piece of property that we are very interested in. I have one requirement on purchasing land: It must have trees. No trees, no needy! Nick has lots of other requirements and this piece of land seemed to fit his standards. He's REALLY excited about it. It's 30 acres in Boling. In two spots it has lots of trees and in the middle it's open pasture, for his cows. One thing that I really like is that it backs up to a creek. We've got another piece spotted that we are going to look at on Sunday so that we can compare the two. Even though we won't build a house for about 10-15 years, it's really fun to look and dream up ideas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds great (the land....not the living in a house on wheels part). I'm sure you are going to be more than ready move!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abby said...

I feel your pain. We lived in Greenbriar for too long! It probably had a bit more room than the house on wheels but it also had a neighbor that jammed out all night long! It was terrible, it will only make the house ever more wonderful!