Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm a reader???

Since the honeymoon I've read 2 books. Cover to cover! I can hardly believe it either. It's not that I don't like reading, I just don't think about doing it. I'm not into smut books or anything fictional. (Or so I thought!) I've never been able to get into any fictional books until I read "The Confessions of a Shopaholic." I bought the book for our plane ride to and from St. Lucia. I finally started to read it on the way home and couldn't put it down. I finished it a few days after we made it home. I went to Rosenberg last week to buy the rest of the series, but Target only had one and it was the newest release..."Shopaholic and Baby." I couldn't read that one before all the others so I ended up with nothing. It dawned on me the next day that I had the Paula Deen book packed away somewhere at the Popp's house. I found and quickly started reading it. Another great book! I really haven't ever watched any of her shows, but Dad loves her. So in love with her that he got 3 of the same books for Christmas. She's very Southern and down to Earth. Once we are in our house and are back to cable, I'll definitely start watching her show. Both books are quick, easy, and funny reads.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I have been banned from reading books on vacation. That's about the only place I read books and once I start them I can't put them down. Apparently that doesn't make for a good vacation compainion!