Thursday, April 10, 2008

Making Shiner Folks Proud


Would it be right for a Shiner person to pass up a drinking contest? I really didn't want to do it because I had several Piton's and Rum Punches in me already, but all the bartenders were nagging me to go up and participate. Of course I gave into the peer pressure and won 3rd place. I guess I was concentrating on looking at the other women to see if they finished before me rather than drinking the beer fast. My prize was a bottle of champagne that I snuck home in our suitcase.

A nice little old lady from Illinois sitting next to me sent me this picture. Nick was busy digging in our bag looking for our camera so she let him borrow her's.

We did a land and sea excursion on this day. We drove in a van through the countryside, including the rainforest and drive-in volcano. We saw the beautiful Pitons, botanical gardens, and a pretty waterfall. We boarded a party boat to get back to the resort.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

3rd place isn't so bad. Good Job Jenny!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud! *Bons

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness.

- your older sis