Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not excited about tomorrow

I'll officially be 26 at 11:15am tomorrow. This is NOT exciting! 26 rounds up to 30 and 30 is old...right, Jamie? It stinks even more because Nick is 24. Him being 24 and me being 25 didn't sound so bad, but him being 24 and me being 26 sounds like I'm a real cradle robber. It's also not exciting because Nick already gave me my gift a few weeks ago. Remember the digital camera for Valentine's day. I wasn't 100% satisfied with the one he gave me so I wanted to upgrade to the underwater one which was quite a bit more. He gave in and said it would be for my birtday too. He also went overboard on my wedding gift and gave me a stunning set of pearls. (A necklace and bracelet) He found a trailer he wants to go look at in Brenham this evening. We're headed there in a little while and then if we find a restaurant that fancies me, he's going to take me there for my birthday supper.

Jamie and Jill have asked what I wanted for my birthday and I REALLY don't want or expect anything. They've already spent well over a thousand bucks on me for showers and wedding gifts. Jill said that we'll all have to go through...she'll just make sure she won't get married close to her birthday. All I really want is a Rowenta iron and a good ironing board to do my wifely duties and iron my prissy husband's pants and shirts! I'm so not wife material!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry -- i mentioned in your birthday card that 26 rounds up to 30, not 20. You will be closer to 30 tomorrow than you are today! HEE HEE HEE

Yes -- I can rub this in because I'm 31 and I've heard it from ya'll for years now. Mahwahhahahah (scary laugh)

It's just another day. But lucky for you you married someone younger! HA HA HA

Abby said...

Wow, you are either a great wife or just a happy newlywed to be asking for an iron. I say send them to the cleaners!

Tracy said...

Wifely duties? What the heck?

Definitely send them to the cleaners or hire a Maria. (that's our lady's name) They are worth their weight in gold, and then you can get something better for your birthday!!! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are so not a cradle robber, geez.... Maybe I'm just saying that to make myself feel better because there is a 5 year gap between Michael and I. Either way, 26 is not old!

I do think you are a little nuts asking for an iron, really??? I agree send those pants and shirts to the dry cleaner! *Bonnie