Monday, April 7, 2008

Absolutely Amazing!

Words cannot describe our wedding day. It was absolutely perfect...everything I've ever dreamed of and more. There were a few minor issues, but nothing that ruined our day. Of course I am a little ticked about being announced as Mr. & Mrs. Nicholas Pop by the priest, who is Nick's distant cousin! Seems a bit ridiculous that he didn't know the last name by now, especially since he's recently done Grandpa and Grandma Popp's 60th Wedding Anniversary. As we walked out of church, we discovered that it was raining. Again, nothing major. I was just worried that we were not going to do our hayride, which was a must. We started taking pictures and the weather cleared. It was perfect outside by the time we left. We made our loop through town and had a blast. It was probably the most fun part of the entire wedding. As we were making our way to cut the cake, I looked for it and asked where it was. I figured that they had taken it to the mess hall. Nah, just on the ground. The entire day I felt like I was in a fog. I wanted to remember every single moment, but we all know that's not possible. I vaguely remember looking at the floor to see the huge mess. As I think about it, it seemed like everyone was sort of crowded around it, trying to hide it from me. Like I wouldn't realize my cake was missing. When I saw it, I laughed. What was I supposed to do? There wasn't any way to save it! Everyone said I handled it like a pro. It's only a cake! Had my videographer or photographers not showed up, I would have been royally ticked. Only because that's the only way to relive your wedding. Luckily I had the BEST of both. I know that the video and photos will be unbelievable. When I have more time I plan on blogging more about the couple of days leading to the wedding, the wedding day, and honeymooning. When I get caught up with all of that, I'll occasionally blog about our lives as newlyweds. I'm sure that'll be interesting. Hopefully I won't lose all my readers!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

It was absolutely gorgeous and I really loved the ceiling drapes. I never even knew that y'all lost the cake, and it seemed to all go perfectly! I'll have to see your pictures at some point!

Abby said...

I am so glad your back and I can't wait to hear about the honeymoon! I had no idea about the cake either. I guess I missed that part. I saw it when we came in and it looked fabulous! We had a wonderful time and you made that little hall amazing!

Anonymous said...

everything was awesome. i had so many ideas running through my head for my own wedding and when i walked in and saw everything i got ton more. i'm going need to get some information about some of the things y'all had. it was so pretty. i hope y'all had fun and congrats.

Heather

Anonymous said...

We are so glad we made it! Even if it required a little detour. The wedding was beautiful, and I must have been hanging around Tracy and Abby because I never noticed the cake was down either. That may have gotten to me; I'm all about the cake at weddings :)

Everything was great and we had a really good time! Can't wait to hear about the honeymoon. You have an avid reader here. *Bons