Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ode to My Little Sister on Her Birthday (tomorrow)!

Where do I even begin? We've loved and hated each other our entire lives, but that's what being a sibling is all about. Here are just a few things that I recall that make me laugh so hard I could cry and other memories that just stick out in my mind:

~You had a few nicknames that crack me up to this day….Dingy Spice and Tina Turner ring a bell?

~Playing Uno Attack at Mamo's and saying you were “sitting on threads and needles!” Ouch! Bet those threads really hurt!

~Walking into the Bocktoberfest and hearing a “Frank” Williams song being played.

~When Jaace was a baby, I threw a plastic strainer at you and hit him. He got a bloody nose all over the carpet, but you agreed to lie to Mom with me and said he did it himself.

~Our bicycle crash. I can't remember who was the cause of it. I was passing you or vice versa. One front tire and one back tire interlocked and down we went. You ended up with a fractured arm and blood everywhere. I was fine. Luckily, Dad's fatherly instincts kicked in and he rescued us. I have no idea what I would have done with you!

~You were always the runner of the family. Me, I only ran when I ABSOLUTELY had to. On our way from Mamo's to CCD one night, a large black dog started chasing us. I was behind you, yelling at you to run. Something came over me and I started running REALLY fast and blew past you as the dog was at your heels. Sorry for not being a very good big sister and staying behind you.

~At my bachelorette party, you took care of me and kept me from getting kicked out of Scooter's when I spilled my EXTREMELY large “jug” of trash can punch on the wood floors. You also kept putting my crown and veil back on my head when I would dance and it would fall off. You also let me pass out on you when we were coming back home.

~You and Jamie helped me up the stairs when I had a “spiker” stuck in my foot.

~I crack up at our wedding video every time we watch it. You caught the bouquet and we had a hilarious celebration afterwards. Instead of paying attention to Nick and I, you watched Thomas throughout the entire ceremony! I forgive you for that since he's now you're man and hopeful husband.

~Pottery Barn. Need I say more? One thing I miss the most about living with you in San Marcos was our DAILY trip to Pottery Barn. After all of our shopping, we'd convince ourselves that Dad would probably want us to go out to eat….his treat, as usual. This went on for quite some time. I'm sure he's glad that we are not living in the same town anymore.

Well, Jilly, this is all I can write due to the lack of time. Thank you for being an awesome little sister. You will always be “our little ray of sunshine!” Have a wonderful 24th birthday (tomorrow)! Love ya!

4 comments:

*Jillian Leigh* said...

Thanks Jenny...
That was nice and those were some funny memories. I laughed when I read it! You and Jamie have been such great big sisters! Love ya!

Jill

Abby said...

So sweet!!

Jamie C said...

LOL!

Spiker!!!
Dingy Spice!
Hello my name is Jewel.

Oh my gosh I was cracking up. Good times. I remember hearing about the dog chase story and that one really had me holding in a belly laugh!

That was really good Jen!

Love ya'll both.

Jocelyn said...

You write the cutest birthday blogs! I love them!