Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lastest Happenings...

This past weekend Nick and I ventured to San Marcos for our annual “Sights and Sounds of Christmas” outing. Before the festivities we went shopping for Baby Popp. I'm not sure how I'll be able to hold out on finding out the gender of our baby. They just have so much cute stuff out there that I want NOW! I figure that we won't be able to find out until the halfway mark anyways, so what's another 20 weeks? Plus, I just imagine Nick going out into the waiting room and announcing the sex and name of our little bundle of joy. We've already been buying things here and there so I'm sure we'll have plenty by the time August gets here. Thursday I bought two super cute Kate Mack bathing suits from Cherish, a cute children's boutique here in Wharton. They were on sale so I couldn't pass them up. Friday night Jill and Thomas came in for the night. When she saw the bathing suits she had to go get a few for herself Saturday morning. We went to the TX State bookstores in search of a cute baby outfit, to no avail. We did leave with one cute little beanie.

As far as the baby goes, I've been feeling great. My stomach is still a little queasy every once in a while, but that's expected since I'm making a baby! We have our fist doctor's appointment this Friday at 1:30pm. Dr. Mark Cone is at Texas Women's in Houston. He was recommended to us by Abby, whose advice I always trust. I've been taking my prenatal vitamins and started DHA supplements a couple days ago. A healthy, smart baby is what we continue to pray for. I'm very excited and nervous about this first visit. We were going to move it until Christmas break, but I really just want it over with. I continue to stress out about the health of Baby Popp. I should really just stop reading stuff on the internet and put the books away, but I can't!

Nick and I have been looking for baby beds, strollers, car seats, and other necessities. I've found a Bumbleride Flyer stroller that's kind of unisex and converts into 4 different types. Any info on Bumblerides or other great strollers, let me know. The bed we have picked out is also convertible. I've also found some cute material for unisex bedding, just need to get it ordered and find someone that can make the style I want.

Nick and I are just ecstatic about this baby. We haven't gotten off of Cloud 9 since we found out that the blood test was positive. Nothing in this world compares to finding out that you are having a baby. It's the most precious thing a woman can do. I cannot wait to be a Mommy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how exciting!! Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I hope you continue to feel good! Oh...and I think you should find out the sex....just cuz I am nosey rosey and I wanna know!!
Mel

Abby said...

I hope all goes well with Dr. Cone. We love Becky the nurse. The other one not so much. Can't wait for you to see your little bean.