Friday, December 12, 2008

1st Appointment

So, today's the day! I'm very excited and nervous. We all HATE “these” appointments. I'm much more at ease with it than normal since Nick will be by my side. However, I'm sure he'll be a little stressed when he sees everything that takes place. He feels better about this appointment since he watched “Knocked Up” at Jake's last weekend while I slept. We cannot wait to see our little pinto bean and hear the heartbeat. I'm sure this appointment will make our pregnancy more “real.” I cannot imagine what it's really going to be like….I'm sooo pumped!

I must evidently have that “glow.” Several people have told me this morning that I've definitely got the glow going on, or really good makeup! ;) I feel like I'm glowing because I've never been happier in my entire life! Nick and I were discussing the baby last night (as usual) and it was just amazing to us that I'm carrying a little person that's a mixture of the both of us. And, boy, is it going to be one awesome person! :)

Tomorrow Nick and I are having a little get together for his birthday. His family and my parents are coming along with Toni and Cody, Garet and Steph, and who knows whom else. Jamie and Jill are busy with other things since it is December. Abby and Tracy…I know it's Emery's birthday party as well, but ya'll can continue the party at our house afterwards.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to report back with great news soon!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Yes, I'll be waiting for another post soon. I don't know if anyone's warned you yet, but for the first ultrasound they use the "wand". :)

Abby said...

That's so funny, I was going to warn her about the same thing. Good luck.

After todays appointment the other appointments all go as follows. Weigh, pee in cup, listen to baby heart beat, (eventually measure your fundal height), how do you feel, any questions. Ok well we will see you in a month!! So until the last month Nick shouldn't have too much to worry about.