Friday, March 14, 2008

Somedays it's all worth it...

During our calendar time we were talking about how I was going to be gone for "lots of days." Several students have been begging me to not be gone for so long. However, I've been yearning and getting through each day knowing that Spring Break was on it's way. I've been at my wits end for the past couple of weeks with teaching. I've got so much on my mind with the wedding and the kids have really been crazy. We all think it's because they didn't get enough time off at Christmas. They are just as burned out as all of us. After we were breaking to our tables, Preston, one of my VERY favorite little guys, came up to me and gave me a big hug. His eyes were a little teary and said, "I bet Mr. Popp thinks that you are so beautiful. You are the best teacher in the whole world." He left me breathless. It was a moment I needed as even my good little kids have been acting out.
He'd be your favorite too! Just look how cute he is AND he's such a gentleman. The girls aren't stupid either, they all are in love with him already. He's already got 12 girlfriends and can name them all. He's got really cool parents...his dad cuts Nick's hair and his Mom does mine (reminds me that I need to make an appointment SOON!) He's got a handsome twin brother and a super cute little brother that I'm hoping to have in a few years. You just gotta love this kid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that brought tears to my eyes!!! How SWEET!!!

Little rewards like that make doing what you do even more special!

God has special plans for all you teachers out there!
Love - Jamo

Anonymous said...

So adorable, who wouldn't like that kid :) Bonnie