Thursday, March 20, 2008

It is what it is, RIGHT??

As most of you have noticed, I've changed our blog name to "it is what it is." Since I've met Nick, this is his attitude about everything..his token phrase. It absolutely drives me nuts when he uses his phrase on me when I want some other answer. You know, the answer I already have in my head and he should justify my rightness, but instead he blurts out "it is what it is and we can't do anything about it." I cringe as I type it, but deep down it's an awesome outlook on life.
I decided that the name would fit our blog nicely for the rest of it's existance...whether it dies in 10 days after our wedding or if it stays up to witness our family grow, as we turn gray. It is what it is.

So...it is what it is...that's the new name of our blog.

Today I get a lovely phone call from my lovely future brother-in-law from his lovely girlfriend Sarah Beth's phone. I thought it was her and answered it all happy because we've been playing phone tag alot recently, but it was Jake so I was lil disappointed. :) He proceeds to tell me not to get upset, worried, or stressed. Sarah Beth has something to tell me, but she doesn't want to. First thing that goes through my head is that some trip came up for school and she has to go on it so she won't be at the wedding. Bummer! Nah, he tells me that she ordered a size 10 bridesmaid dress and the outside tag says 10, but the tag on the inside of the dress says 6. It's really a six and she can't zip it all the way up. She's already made calls to David's Bridal and they are trying to locate a bigger dress for her. I really didn't stress about it, and I'm not worried about it at all. I'm sure they can let the dress out a little and she'll be able to squeeze into it. When I tell Nick about the little mishap, he asks if I'm going to be at the wedding, if the priest will be at the wedding, and if the witnesses will be there? Yep, all accounted for and all will be present. Ok then, we're still getting married and nothing to worry about. You see why he's my rock? He makes everything ok for me because IT IS WHAT IT IS!

Now...last night I had a little dream that Dad refused to wear his tux and walked up in his work clothes....plaid shirt and khakis! I really didn't want him to walk down the aisle in it, but we did and it was all fine. I can honestly say that the only thing I am stressing about is the tuxedos. There are several guys from out of town that will not try their tuxedos on until Friday night and have not gotten measured by Tricia at Country Crafts...they are call in orders. It's a little nerve-racking, but again, we'll still get married even if someone has high-waters on.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Our new phrase at our house is "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!". Yours is much nicer!

Everything will turn out fine, I really speak from experience, my church remodeled the whole chappel the week before my wedding without ever sharing with me that they were planning on doing it. I may have accidently sweared in front of the minister and cried a bunch, but it all turned out fine!! So now worries, everyone has to have fun mishaps or there would be no good stories!!