Monday, October 8, 2007

Nick's cake

Yesterday we went to visit our cake lady in Moulton. Her name is Clara Kloesel if anyone is looking for a baker. She was very sweet and does a heck of a job. I haven't tasted any of her cakes, that I know of anyway, but I've heard lots of great things from people that have used her. She can make the cake I want for $1.10 a slice! The luxury of living and getting married in a small town....things like wedding cakes are cheap rather than $5-7 a slice! She really impressed me! Nick couldn't really decide on how he wanted his cake to look....his only requirement was that it have a tractor on it. BIG SURPRISE! I knew that I wanted Nick to have a big cake too. It would only be fair that way. I think Mom came up with the idea of having a barn with a tractor going into it a long time ago. So, that's all we ever really came up with. Boy are we having a barn! He's going to have a barn to feed 300 people and the barn is going to be on top of two other cakes so that the tractor can sit on a cake. I think it's going to be awesome. Mine will be white with strawberry filling. Nick's barn is going to be chocolate and the bottom is going to be italian cream. Yummmmmm!

I emailed Clara this morning, thanking her for her time and took care of a few other minor details. I also asked if I could buy a sample of a few cakes. She quickly responded with great news. She will make us samples on October 20th for no charge! She's already going to be making some cakes so it wouldn't be a problem to make a sample. Small town people rock! We'll be sampling the white with strawberry, chocolate, italian cream, and red velvet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clara made the cakes for our wedding and they were yummy!
melanie (billimek) cowan