Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This Weekend...

Last night Nick and I were talking about our upcoming weekend at the Engaged Encounter. I've heard lots of good things about it, but this type of stuff is just not for me...Nick either. When we were younger Jill and I begged Mom and Dad to let us go to Hermann Sons camp in Kerrville. Jamie was to old to go, but they finally gave in and let us. It was TERRIBLE! I cried everyday. Mind you I was about to be in the 7th grade. The first day Jill and I would only see each other as we walked by from class to class. We would wave at each other and hang our heads like sad little ducks. I loved the swimming class I was in, but faked having a period so I could get switched to be in a ceramics class with Jill and a few other Shiner people. When we had to go to the next class, it went back to being a horrible experience. Jaace was about a year old at the time. Mom would send us letters with his handprints on them. She'd tell us how every morning he would go look and ask for "my guls." Would that not make you cry? Makes me want to right now! I still have those horrible letters. Needless to say, when we have kids, they will NEVER go to camp. I'm sure I'll scare them out of it. They can only go if I go, and I ain't goin! So, that horror story brings me to this weekend. Nick and I will be seperated in the evenings. I'm imagining a big cabin like the one at Hermann Sons, full of bunks with community showers and toilets. This is stressful to me! This is the only bad part about getting married. I know I'll make it, it's only two nights, but I'm dreading it! I'm not even a homebody! I just like having my own room to sleep in and my own restroom to use as I please!

No comments: