Friday, September 7, 2007

Engaged Encounter

I finally sent the Engaged Encounter form and money order off this morning. Luckily one spot opened up for the last weekend in September. We were on a waiting list and got in! Thank goodness! The next one was the first weekend in December and I'm supposed to be having my first shower then. The next one is the first weekend in February and that is to close to the wedding. You are supposed to have it done at least 3 months before you get married.

Anyways, this Engaged Encounter thing that we have to go to cost $190 and lasts from Friday to Sunday. We stay in bunks, seperate sexes of course. I'm kinda excited about it and a little scared. It just sounds like Hermann Sons camp all over again and we all know how much I hated that. I've tried talking other newly engaged couples into going with us, but all the people I know have plenty of time to do it before they get married. I'm also kinda leary of this whole encounter because I really don't like religion to be shoved down my throat. I've heard that it's like couples therapy...lots of writing to your future spouse and then discussing things in depth.

Be thinking about us the last weekend in September...

No comments: