Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The rest of the engagement evening

Nick and I wanted to call everyone to tell them we were engaged, but we wanted to tell our family first. How could we pull this off in a matter of a few hours? Well....we did it! We called Nick's parents and told them to meet us in East Bernard at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Los Amigos. We told them my parents were in Victoria and wanted to come eat with us. We called my parents and told them that I got a job and we wanted them to come celebrate with us. Everyone was to meet us there around 7:30pm. Nick and I had a few hours to burn in the meantime. We couldn't go home because his family would know and we wanted everyone to find out at the same time. I was DYING to tell someone. Nick wouldn't let me call anyone because our parents had to be the first to know. Ok, I understood that. Try to keep a girl from telling SOMEONE that she just got engaged. We ran into Wal-Mart because I got an itch to get a t-shirt and some iron-on letters and make a shirt that said "Future Mrs. Popp." We bought all of the goods, even an iron, to run to their farm to make the shirt. While we were checking out I had to tell the checkout girl that I just got engaged! So, some stranger was the first one to know, but I couldn't keep it in. I walked through the aisles gazing at my gorgeous rock....I flashed my ring in every mirror or silver plated shelf I passed by so I could see what it looked like on my finger. We went to the barn, sooo hot, to make the shirt. It was NOT working! We decided to quit trying and go to the restaurant.

We walked, very casually, into the restaurant. Gave my parents a hug and kiss and sat down next to my mom and kinda caddie cornered to Mrs. Popp. Mom noticed the ring right away. She looked at me, smiled, and said "What's THAT?" I just smiled and Nick's mom didn't know what was going on. Mrs. Popp asked several time, "What's what?" Then she figured it out and flew out of her chair. Of course, everyone was ecstatic on our WONDERFUL news! I tried calling Jamie but she was at a play. Luke and Jenna were on their honeymoon, but Nick still called them and filled them in. I went through my phone and called anyone and everyone that evening. Well, not really....it was late by the time I could start calling everyone so I called those that I knew were up. I continued calling the next day....

No comments: