Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Half Moon Holidays Weekend

This past Saturday, 7-7-07, was our annual Half Moon Holidays celebration. We've had SO much rain lately that they had to move it to town. Friday night Nick and I got into Shiner at about 6:45. We had to pick Sophie up from Jamie in Hallettsville because she had rehearsal for Desi's wedding. Sophie was sick so we took her straight home. Then we went to Dad's office where they were going to hold the cookoff. It was a great opportunity for us to ask my cousin, Ryan, to be in the wedding. Ryan was actually Nick's friend before I knew Nick. Ryan and Ross invited Nick to Bocktoberfest so I owe it all to them that I found the man of my dreams! We asked Ryan and he seemed pretty excited about being in the wedding.

Saturday morning we watched the parade and hung out at the cookoff for a while and then headed home to get ready for Desi's wedding. The wedding was GREAT! I finally got to hang out with three of my greatest friends since our engagement. I knew Alicea, Debbie, and Shelly would be at the wedding so I had to try to convince the girls to come outside with me so that I could ask them to be in the wedding.

I made these super cute cards for my bridesmaids. I put them in a brown bag with a bottle of wine. I didn't want to just call up my friends and ask them to be in the wedding and I thought that this was a very cute and a much more personal, special way of asking.

No comments: