Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Little Man and his Daddy

I got this wise idea and figured I might as well "TRY" to do it. I want to blog a little blurb about each of my bridal party people. This picture is a pretty perfect description of both guys in it. Well, almost perfect...I just realized there is not a tractor in this picture. Ross, my first cousin, and I have always been very close. He is a year younger than me so we did all of our growing up together. There are soooo many funny memories that I have with him, but I'm only going to share a few due to time constraints and I'd probably get carputunal from typing.

Here's a pretty good story....I think I was about 17 years old so Ross must have just turned 16. He, Sarah Winkenwerder Arriaga (another bridesmaid), myself, and some other people went riding on the back roads in Shiner and then wound up at Ross's house. We decided to sneak some booze from my house. I found some vodka and poured it into a big hospital mug. I thought I was really smart and stole a bunch of lemons as well. We went to his house and sat under a tree and took shots of the vodka. We were too stupid to know that it was tequila that you take shots with. The next morning Uncle Rodney went outside and saw lemon rinds all under this tree as he was mowing. Perplexed, he asked Ross when that tree turned into a lemon tree. We were busted and I constantly get teased about it to this day.

Ross and I always used to give each other gag gifts for Christmas. Each year one tried to top the other. I can't remember why this started, but I must say, I won every time! One gift was a Crown Royal bottle full of tea....boy, he was so excited. He thought I was the best person in the world. He took a swig of it and had a strange look on his face....need I say anymore. The best gag was when he had a crush on one of my great friends, Tiffany Turek. About a week before Valentine's day I was sending him secret admirer stuff at school. On Valentine's Day I sent him a bunch of balloons and candy, etc. I told him if he wanted to find out who I was that he had to meet me at Coach Morgan's room at a certain time. Coach Morgan was a prankster and he was in on it as well. He came to the room and saw me! It was really great!

3 years ago the best thing happened to him...he had a son, Jacob Ross Spann. Jacob, my ring bearer, is a spitting image of Ross. He absolutely LOVES his Daddy and Uncle Nokie and let's not forget about TRACTORS! This child has to be exactly like Nick was when he was kid. Nick and Jacob get along great...all they do is talk about tractors, imagine that. He especially loves Nokie's "Big Case." Uncle Rod, Ross, and Ryan are big fisherman in Port O'Connor as well so Jacob loves fishing. I'm so excited to have both of them in our wedding. They are two of several very important guys in my life!

More info about why Ross is in our wedding later...

No comments: