Monday, July 30, 2007

And they lived happily ever after

Here are a couple of halfway decent pics that we like. They are not the best, but they were just for fun. We'll have to pay someone the big bucks to make us look good!





I figured that this would be a good time to tell people the story of US!

The annual Bocktoberfest was held on October 15th, 2005. Little did Nick or I know that we would meet each other and one day be husband and wife. If we would have known we probably would have gone about things a little differently, but we still think it was pretty perfect.

Nick was a friend of Ross and Ryan Spann at Texas State. They had several Ag classes together over the semesters. By some miracle they had convinced Nick to come to the Bocktoberfest. We (my sisters, parents, Spann's, Jamie's Aggie friends, etc) were at our typical hangout before the fest. It was at Pat Caka's pasture which is within walking distance from the concerts. It's always a great place for us because we can sit out there and listen to the small bands until we want to go in and see the big performers. Nick walked up and talked to Robert Pavelka and my dad as they were making stew. I saw Nick and asked him who he was and who he was with and if he wanted a beer. That was it until that evening. After the concert we ended up in the pasture again. All of my girlfriends left because of some drama at the fest so I decided to go and crash in the Spann's travel trailer. I would always crash in that bed whenever we had something going on and the trailer was there. Evidently, that night it was supposed to be Nick's bed. Too bad, so sad, I was there first. I laid down and Nick and Ryan walked in. Nick came and laid in bed with me as Ryan went to the restroom. We hit it off! I thought it was a little weird for this complete stranger to jump in bed with me so I got up and asked Ross, Ryan, Brad, and Gina/Leslie about this guy. Everyone of them told me that he was a VERY GOOD guy. Ross and Ryan, my very own cousins, said that he was probably to good for me! Dang, that wasn't nice, but if they all said he was great, I would just have to find out myself as well. That night we stayed up the ENTIRE night talking. I was a little nervous to hear what my dad would say when he drove up. Of course he knew we were shacked up in there. It was really very innocent. We ended up getting out of the trailer as they hooked it up to the truck. We all sat around for a little while. They passed around a bottle of Boone's Farm and drank more beer. When we all decided to leave I wanted to ride with Nick. He wanted me to as well, but Robert P jumped in the front seat. I was a little ticked with this, but got over it as Nick passed me his cell phone so that I could store my number in it. We ended up getting rid of Robert at our house. Nick and I went riding around town...it took 3 minutes flat! Nah, it took a lot longer then that. Neither of us wanted to leave the other, but it worked out well since I was just down the road from him. We did a little text messaging throughout the day when he left. Talked on the phone that evening and saw each other almost everyday since!

No comments: