Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Catching up...

I've decided to start a blog on our wedding to keep everyone updated on our plans. I know that there are lots of people just dying to know what is going on so I thought that this would be a good way to let everyone be a part of our upcoming special day! I'll start with the engagement...

Tuesday, May 29th-Nick had a little tractor for sale and a guy from El Campo bought it. Nick and I loaded it up and headed to EC. On Wednesday I was scheduled to have an interview in Eagle Lake for a Kindergarten position and then I was going to head to Shiner. Nick wasn't to keen on that idea. So...we dropped off the tractor and were going to pick up a different trailer from their farm in Louise and leave the low boy trailer there. We had to get the other covered trailer so we could move our stuff out of our apartments. We finally get to the farm and we walked around...looked at an old burned up combine and then looked at the creek that runs through the property. Nick told me a few stories about being a kid there. We ended up under this big oak tree that they used to sit under when they camped out there as kids. He started to tell me how he loved me and wanted me to be a part of his life forever and how he wanted me to come home with him to Wharton. He took off his cap and said "Jenny Lynn Chumchal" and went down on his knee. He started to dig for the ring in his shirt pocket and then asked me to marry him! It was amazing!!! Of course I went crazy and screamed and kissed and all that stuff that happens in the short amount of time. I was and still am SOOOO happy.

No comments: