Tuesday, July 3, 2007

THE dress

Just like every other bride, the first dress I tried on was THE dress. After Nick and I settled on March 29th as the date rather than December 29th I needed figure out what colors to go with. I am not big into the springy colors so I was a little worried. I had an idea of what I wanted the bridesmaid dresses to look like, but no color. Well, Sarah Beth (Jake's girlfriend and bridesmaid) and I were going to go shopping in Sugar Land. There's a David's Bridal right down the road so I just wanted to pop in to see what kind of dresses they had. She encouraged me to just try a dress on. I was hesitant because Mom, Nick's Mom, Jamie and Jill weren't there, but I figured that I would not find a dress anyway. No harm in trying a few on, right? WRONG! The first one I tried on was the one! I called Jamie to come to Sugar Land right away to see it. She left work early and came over. The lady proceeded to tell me that the sale they were having was ending that evening! Ugh! Of course it was ending. I called Mom and told her she needed to come over ASAP. I called Mrs. Popp to see if she could come see as well. Jamie, Sarah Beth, and I drove back to Wharton, picked up Mrs. Popp and drove to East Bernard to pick up Mom. We all rode to Sugar Land from East Bernard together. I tried on several dresses that were not the one. Then tried on THE dress...they all agreed that it was FABULOUS! Jamie (sister and Maid of Honor) tried on several bridesmaid dresses. There was one that looked GREAT! It's a dress that all of my bridesmaids will be so comfortable in. And I'm sure they will all LOVE me for it! :) The colors we finally decided on are persimmon (deep orangish), brown, and ivory.

No comments: