Friday, October 24, 2008

Self-Inflicted Spending Hiatus

Thanks to being a total moron, I am on a self-inflicted spending hiatus. Two evenings ago I went to the ATM machine and left my card in it! I realized this after 1.5 hours of grocery shopping in Wal-Mart. The guy was checking me out and I began to flip out. I left the groceries there and was going to come back for them later. The card wasn't in my car so I sped through town to the ATM and immediately called my bank in Shiner at 6:14pm. Luckily, someone answered and said there was no activity and cancelled the card. I had no idea that after a few minutes the maching sucks in the card. If I would have known this, I wouldn't have paniced so quickly. I'm sure you are wondering why I didn't write a check out. #1-I'm out! #2-I've also managed to lose my driver's license. Why didn't you use a credit card? My husband doesn't believe in debt! Need I say more? So, the card is, of course, not in the machine. I end up going to Nick, which is making hay at the time. Get him off the tractor, tell him my dilemma, run to get a check out of his truck, and then back to Wal-Mart to get the groceries.

I'm so mad at myself! I guess it was a good thing that it happened because now I will stop being lazy and combine my account with Nick's. I am a bit nervous that I won't get to vote since I don't have my license.

1 comment:

Abby said...

good to know I have a friend in the lose everything you have club. My credit card got sucked into an ATM machine in Florence, Italy. It was my primary sourse of payment while on vacation and I didn't speak italian, they were able to extract it from the machine, after much crying and hysteria!

You can go get a new liceanse (the paper kind and still vote next week!) Oh and my phone appeared at Marilyn's house in the sofa cushins...apparently a different person whose name was B had it in his pocket!! But I still want a report on if you like your new phone as I want one!