Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gotta Love Halloween

I haven't dressed up in a costume for Halloween for several years. The last time I remember dressing up was when we went with Ross & Ryan to the St. Paul carnival. It was very last minute and I dressed in hunting attire. When I worked at Fuentes, we always dressed up as 100 year old ladies on the 100th day of school. It was one of the most fun days of the year. I've always wanted to have a Halloween party, but it always sneaks up on me and I never have time to plan one. This year we have had several opportunities to dress up. A party in Wharton on October 25th, but we already had play tickets. Halloween Bunco last night and a party in Shiner on Friday. Well, it happens to be Wanda's birthday on Halloween so we still are up in the air about if we will get to go to the Shiner party. So, last night was Bunco Halloween Style hosted by Jill Boenisch and Krystal Cox. I was very leary about dressing up. I figured I'd dress up and end up being the only one in costume. Finally, at 5:45 I decided to go for it. Who cares if I was the only one in costume?! I put on Mom's nun costume that she wore several years ago. I spiced it up a bit by putting a pillow underneath it and being preggo nun! I felt like a complete idiot driving around town in the costume. I wonder if people thought I was really a nun?!? I finally find the house and nervously walk in. They have it decked out with Halloween decor and several people that arrived there before me were dressed up as well. It ended up being a BLAST! By far it was the best Bunco party yet...complete with jell-o shots, green eye-ball spiked punch, and other goodies. There was another girl there that subbed for us that was dressed up as her husband, who is a preacher. She and I ended up starting out at the head table as partners and won every game! We had God on our side! I ended up winning the roll off as well as the BEST COSTUME award so I shared one prize with the preacher! It was so much fun and I'm so glad I didn't wuss out. If we get to go to the party on Friday, I'll be sporting the preggo nun costume again and I'm trying to talk Nick into Larry the Cable Guy. I'll post pictures soon.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Love it!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

it was the best one yet!!!!!!!!