Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

First of all, happy birthday wishes go to Wanda, my mother-in-law, and Abby, my cousin-in-law. Just like every other weekend, this one will be crazy-busy. We are contemplating going to Shiner to the Halloween Party hosted by Dawn and Scotty Machacek. I'd really love to, it just depends on what's going on this evening here for Wanda's birthday. Saturday morning we are heading to San Marcos again for the last football game that we can attend. The last one is on November 15th, but we are going to Wyatt Wagner's wedding instead. We plan on finding a hotel and leaving Sunday after I get some shopping in.

So, everytime I think about Halloween, I recall several things from my childhood that scared the bejesus out of me...special thanks go to my parents for this. I had to have been about 5 years old at the time. We were riding in our white Buick. Dad driving, Mom in the passenger seat, Jamie, Shawna and I in the back. Come to think of it, I was probably 4 since I don't recall Jill being a part of this horrific event. We did our trick-or-treating and then went to the awesome haunted house in Shiner. I remember at the very end they had someone come up out of a casket and then you slid out the door. That part was kinda scary, but I was fine. We get in the car and start to leave when Freddie Crougar(sp?) starts walking to the car and scratching on the windows. We had the window down and immediately start rolling it up, but Dad was rolling it down since he had controls for all windows. It was HORRIBLE! We were all screaming and on top of each other trying to get to one side of the car. That probably wasn't his all-time high of parenting, but it's really funny looking back on it. It made for a funny memory!

Here's to another very fun and memorable Halloween!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that like yesterday. Horrible people scareing little kids. But I would love to do it today. heheheh

Anonymous said...

hey jenny,
can you shoot me an email at mbillimek@hotmail.com with your email addy. my sister is getting married in july and wants to go to st lucia for her honeymoon. I just wanted to know your experience..where you stayed...who you booked w/ etc.
Thanks, Melanie

*Jillian Leigh* said...

Ummmm...I remember being there too...I was like 4! I scared so scared too. But I couldn't help but laugh to myself when I read it because I would so do that to some kids...lol.