Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday Nick and I went to his grandparents house in Nada on our way to Shiner. We stopped to celebrate Aunt Ruthie's birthday. I finally got to meet the newest edition to the family...Brooks Jacob Goerig. It was good to get my baby fix for a little while. I know what lots of you are wondering....NO, Nick and I aren't planning on having kids right away! We're gonna try to wait a year. Little off the subject there. Anyways...we had a great visit with everybody. Abby...I know you're reading this and not commenting, but we definitely need to get together more! Nick and I have so much fun with you and Brian. We ended up leaving after 9 and getting to Shiner after 10. Of course there were lots of people in the pool house to greet us. We visited for a while and ended up crashing after 2am.

Saturday Nick and I worked on invitations. I'm aiming to get them in the mail on February 6th. We also had a visit with Father Bob at 11:30. It was actually a very good meeting. He told us that we were exceptional and that we were above the normal curve of people getting married. He said we are definitely ready for marriage! Wow! I always knew that we had a great relationship, but hearing it from the priest is pretty awesome. Other than that, Saturday we kinda just chilled out at the house. Aunt Carolyn and Jennifer came over to help Jamie get everythig ready for the shower on Sunday. That evening we all went to Trinity Lutheran Village to get it all ready. I probably wasn't supposed to help, but I was bored!

The shower took place at Trinity Lutheran Village at 8:30am Sunday. Definitely wasn't thrilled about waking up so early to shower and get decent looking, but it was very worthwhile. We had a WONDERFUL turnout! The shower was a Come & Go, but the people Came & Stayed! It was really great! I would almost bet that 90% of the people invited came or sent a gift. We got really really great things. I CANNOT wait to have our house and use all of our things. I know I say that after every shower, but it's sooo darned exciting. All of the hostesses, which there were like 164, gave me a 10 piece set of Pampered Chef stainless steel cookware. There was enough money left over that we are also going to get our KitchenAid mixer. WooooHooo! All of the gifts were TERRIFIC. I'll be posting the gift list soon. I left it in Shiner. Some other goodies that I love dearly are the (2) 5 piece place settings of "fine" china that Mom gave me and the accessories to our "everyday" china that Nick's Mom and Grams gave.

2 comments:

Abby said...

We would love to do something any time!! We are always looking for something to do! We also love Roadhouse, so if you ever want to road trip it to the city!
The photo book you made g&g Popp was fabulous! You did a beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could've been there. sounds like you're going to get everything on your list. i can't wait to register. see you at your bachelorette party. it's going to be fun.....heather