Tuesday, January 29, 2008

DOGS!

We currently have 4 dogs in our family. Sophie, my yorkie, which Jamie has stolen. Kenzi, Jill's mini-schnauzer that now lives at Mom and Dad's with her. Bella, the weenie dog we gave Mom for Mother's Day. Duke, Jaace and Dad's black lab. This week we inherited a stray. It's the first stray that I recall ever having at our house which is pretty odd since we are out in the country. The dog definitely isn't the cutest. She looks like a leopard curr/blue heeler mix. I CANNOT stand blue heelers. I think they are the ugliest dogs ever. I've known several people that have them and think they are wonderful. Well, this dog is a sweetie pie. She must have been neglected and ran away from home.



Here is Nick having a moment with the dog.

Jill was taking a few engagement photos for us. Notice that I decided to take one on the road. This road is in front of our house. Our driveway is about 1/4 of a mile long. It was really busy with traffic for some reason so we never really got the picture we were trying to get. The stray ran from our house to where we were taking the pics. Several cars had passed by and she stood with us on the shoulder. One older lady came by and slowed down a bit. We decided to give up because of all of the cars. Jill and Nick were walking to the truck in front of me and I was standing in the ditch with the dog. For some reason the dog decided to jet out in front of the car. The lady SLAMMED her brakes...left a long mark and smoke was coming from her tires. The dog ran off so I figured she was fine. It was very traumatizing, but at least she wasn't flattened out in the road. The lady looked upset so I went to tell her not to worry because the dog wasn't ours. She drove off and might even have a dent in her car. We drove up to the house. Dad and Papa were sitting on the porch and they said they heard everything. Nick, Jill, and I went inside and told the others about what happened. A few minutes later the dog was back at our house. As of yesterday she was out and about and just fine. Whew! The thing that amazes me is that she was nailed by the car. I figured that if she survived she would go back to her original owners, but she came back to us. I think she's definitely found a new home. Nick told me that if she survived she could be our dog...he's trying to forget he said that!

Oh....this is how sweet she is...when Mom goes walking the dog walks with her. Sometimes she runs into another pasture for a little adventure, but always comes back and nudges Mom on the hand to let her know she is there.

No comments: