Friday, January 11, 2008

I've got nothing...

It's been hard coming up with things to post! I really haven't been busy with wedding things or anything for that matter. I feel like I haven't been stressed through this whole wedding planning ordeal at all...is that ok? I know there are a few times that I started to stress a little and get a little ticked, but never anything major. No major meltdowns...no major disagreements...no major yelling matches. Hummm! I always got the feeling that it was more pain than it was worth, but I'm loving it. Sooo...when everyone tells you to elope....don't! I could see where a long engagement would make you want to run off somewhere and get married, but the 10 month engagement has been wonderful! I wouldn't want anything longer or shorter.

Here's a funny story from Christmas. Jamie and Jill....I'm not sure I have even told ya'll about it.

It was about the week before we got out for Christmas break. I went to Country Crafts and Collectibles to get a Chinese Christmas gift for the Boling coaches, etc Christmas party. I've gotten to know Trish pretty well since it's been one of my favorite places to shop in Wharton. Well, on KULP, the AM radio station in Wharton/El Campo they do a 12 Days of Christmas game. Jerry "Claus" Aulds goes around to businesses and taps a random person on the shoulder to play the game with him. He walked in and I heard Trish say, "That girl with the sunglasses on her head and the pink sweater." I turned around wondering why someone was talking about me. He came up and asked me a few questions then put me on the radio. I was soooo nervous! I HATE public speaking and definitely hated talking on the radio! Even though no one saw, I'm sure they could tell that I was nervous. Before I was on the radio we got to talking about Shiner. When I was on the radio he asked what brought me to Wharton. Told him that I got engaged and my fiance was from here. He asked when the wedding was and said that he expected an invitation so he could drink some Shiner Bock. After it was all said and done, I had to pick a number, I picked 7 and it was 9 so I didn't get the gift certificate. It was really funny! Nick heard me and so did his dad. I guess it can pay off to be a regular customer!

No comments: