Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Come and Go Shower

Another terrific, successful shower. Thankfully it was pulled off with a few minor glitches. The first glitch was discovered Saturday....they were short one corsage. Nothing major, but they solved the problem immediately. Poor Aunt Carolyn felt horrible. It didn't really bother me at all, but it ended up working out perfectly. The shower started at 8:30am. Jamie and several other ladies were meeting at 7:00am to bake mini pigs, start the coffee, and get all the other food ready to go. Unfortunately, Jamie was leaving the house at 6:45am and decided to get the key ready. Well, the key was no where to be found! They searched high and low for it and finally ran across it somewhere in her car at about 7:15. When they got in to start making the pigs, the oven didn't work! Instead of panicing they took them to Mary Leck's house down the street. Everything ended up working out smoothly. I got lots of really good gifts again. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with a house full of brand new, really nice things. It's so exciting!

Me and Mamacita

Sign in area

Pampered Chef Stainless Steel pots and pans from the hostesses. I've also got a 6 quart Kitchen Aid mixer on the way from the hostesses as well.

My Mom gave us two 5 piece place settings of our beautiful china.

Here is the handmade quilt we got from Grandma Popp.

Our everyday sugar and creamer set from Grams.

More of our pretty everyday china. Nick's Mom and Pop gave us the salt and pepper shakers, serving dish, and butter dish.

All of my pretty grandma's and me!

My scrumptios cake. White with strawberry filling...also the flavor of my wedding cake.

No comments: