Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Won't be blogging much...

because SUMMER IS HERE!!! I have been working my bahooky off! It all started Friday. I decided to go to our house and start cleaning up the exterior. It started with raking leaves. I raked and bagged a total of 17 HEFTY bags, maybe more. There were 25 bags in the box and there aren't many left. I continued bagging the piles I didn't finish on Sunday and also started pressure washing the house. As I pressure washed it, I scrubbed it down with Clorox. This is no easy task, but it was something I was used to since Mom and Dad made us do it every summer when we were in school. It's much easier when you have 5 people doing one house. My hands are now ate up and a bit swollen from the Clorox, but the paint on the house is pretty and white. I finally finished the pressure washing yesterday and started on my flower beds. Who knew that so much work and MONEY are involved in making these things nice? I did go a little overboard as I always do. I had to have these things:
-the black plastic stuff because I always wanted it in our beds at home, but we never used it. I thought it was so professional looking. It's a pain!
-mulch-the wood chip one. Something else I always wanted in ours at home.
-soaker hose
-timer for the soaker hose
-MiracleGro thingy you hook to the hose
-sprinkler which I'm taking back because I really want the John Deere tractor one that drives around the yard.
-yard tools
-cute gloves
-and of course FLOWERS!
So I finished one bed and I think it looks pretty darn good. I should have taken before and after pictures of the whole house process, but I didn't have my camera and I wasn't driving back to the trailer to get it.

This weekend Mom, Dad, Jamie, and I, along with Waldo and Janie and several others are going to Mexico to do some shopping and a "little" drinking! ;) I hope to buy lots of pots and outdoor decor. Wednesday it's off to the Frio for floating and a little more drinking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I can't remember the last time I was that productive. *Bons

Jamie C said...

Wow!! Take pics! Sounds like you've been doing a lot -- that is great Jen!

Abby said...

Ahh the joy's of being off work! HA! We are doing a little yard work at our house as well!!