Wednesday, June 25, 2008

THANK YOU, JESUS!

I am happy to report that the calf I chased through the barbed-wire fence is alive and well. THANK YOU JESUS! I am even happier to report that the house-on-wheels is officially retired by us and up for sale! THANK YOU JESUS EVEN MORE! You have no idea what a luxury it is to use the restroom on a porcelain toilet until you have sat on a plastic one daily for 3 months. We stayed in OUR HOUSE for the first time, by ourselves on Sunday. I must also add that our marriage is wonderful now that we are living like normal human beings. It was a bit stressul living in a 32 foot travel trailer for 3 months, but we prevailed and now have lots of funny stories to tell down the road about our first living arrangements.

Now that we are in our house, I've been cleaning and painting. I've only finished our bathroom because we still have the Popp's stuff in a few of the rooms. I thought it would be easy to pick out colors to paint the rooms, but I've had a hard time. Our room, the living room, dining room, and kitchen are all going to be Stone Lion which is a tan color. Our bathroom is blue and chocolate brown. I'm thinking one of the bedrooms will be Edamame(greenish) and one Kitten's Nose(light pink). Once again, I'm not pregnant, but when I am I don't want find out the sex of the baby so both rooms will already be painted. I'd like to do the pink room shabby chic/antiquish. The main bathroom has a dark green countertop and white tile. I still can't decide on a color to paint it...any suggestions are appreciated. Anyways, it's been lots of fun. Nick's been huge help. He's replaced several light fixtures, bought our wood blinds, and even cooked while I clean and paint. Later he's going to hang more lights and mow the lawn! Score on having a great hubby! It's a surprise that we've been working so well on these home improvements considering the last blog entry.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Post Pictures! It all sounds great! I've never seen the place, but I'm really anxious to.

Jamie C said...

Yeah -- post pictures already damnit!

See you this weekend. We'll be in on Saturday afternoon after our garage sale (will be day 2) is done!

Abby said...

Fun I am so excited for you!!