Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gotta Love Mexico!

We had a blast shopping in Laredo/Nuevo Laredo. So much so that we are planning on returning very soon with a trailer or UHAUL. I ended up getting several very good deals on my yard ornaments. When Nick picked me up from East Bernard, the back of his truck was full with only about $150 spent. What a bargain! The beer was super as well. Since Tiff's bachelorette party, my new favorite beer is Sol. It was the first beer I spotted in Mexico. I about flipped out when they told me it cost I was thrilled when I was buying it for a dollar. I drank a few and then found a spot selling them for "half dollar." Mom and Jamie became interested in this beer so that they could stop buying the $4 margaritas. At the "half dollar" grocery store place, we saw Sol in a 40 oz bottle for $1.50. All three of us shared one of these which would fill one of the margarita cups. We had it all figured out! We'll definitely be hitting that place up in the future.

We HAD to stop at one convenience store for Waldo. He insisted on getting a Banana Fo Fana Icee. It's the only place that he's ever been to that sells them. Here's Mom eating her's. It was pretty good. Not banana-tasting at all.

The three of us shopping in Mexico.


The first pottery place in Texas. Funny turtles!

Our bodyguards!
They enjoyed watching us shop more than doing the shopping.
This was the first place we shopped and already had both vehicles full of stuff.
Our hotel. A very nice place to stay. You never would think you are a few steps away from poverty. The chicken fried oysters here are to die for.
Rio Grande
Jamie and I enjoying a drinky drink.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Fun! We will have to come and see your treasures!!

Tracy said...

It looks like so much fun! I thought Nick was going with you and I had this mental picture of him lugging HUGE planters back across the border. I'm glad y'all had fun - and I wish I could have found cool yard stuff.

Jamie C said...

I can't wait for the next trip!!! Woo Hoo!