Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Honeymoon

Nick and I have been in agreement on where to go on a honeymoon from the get-go, which has been very nice! Right away Nick wanted to go somewhere tropical. His first suggestion was Hawaii, but to me it is to commercialized and the typical honeymoon. I wanted somewhere secluded and very romantic. We thought about Paris or Venice, but again not secluded enough. I was liking tropical, but not Mexico. To me that is somewhere we will go later on for a weekend getaway or on a cruise. I wanted something exotic, secluded, and somewhere that we couldn't go for just a weekend. We got to thinking about Tahiti...very secluded, actually too secluded. The biggest downfall was that we had to plan for 3 days to get there and 3 days to get back...according to several travel agents. We exed that off pretty quick. Right now we have decided on St. Lucia in the Caribbean. I talked to several travel agents on the phone and they highly suggested it. We haven't booked it yet, we have until Friday to hold the quoted price. I'm still going to do some looking around, but to me this is PERFECT! Of course, it's over the price we were hoping for, but listen to all of the goodies....The hotel is Sandals Regency St. Lucia Golf Resort and Spa. The room we have been quoted is called the Romeo and Juliet Sunset Oceanview...this room will be complete on January 1, 2008 so it will be practically new when we get there. If we get this suite it comes with a concierge and butler service that packs and unpacks for you, takes care of laundry, draws rose scented baths, room service, etc. WOW! Sandals is definitely the way to go if you are planning a vacation. It's very luxurious and best of all it's all-inclusive. We can take catamaran tours, scuba dive, snorkle, sail, ski, 5 Star restaurants with unlimited food and drinks, swim up bars, and two other Sandals resorts nearby that you can enjoy as well. It seems just heavenly to me! If anyone has ever gone to St. Lucia or have gone to Sandals resorts, give me some feedback! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!! I'm going to try to put some pictures up, but right now I can't save them off of the website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.