Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Feeling a little blue

Now that school is about to be starting, reality is finally setting in. I guess I've just been on cloud 9 since we got engaged and haven't really thought about THE FUTURE! As far as the future with Nick, I have nothing to worry about. We are just fine and dandy...it's other things like my job, friends, moving, etc that are a bit stressful. Anyone who knows me, knows it takes alot for me to cry. Well, it was just one of those days. I went to pick Nick up from cutting hay. He was so worried when he saw me. I guess he thought that he did something wrong. I got to thinking about the friends I'm leaving behind at my old school...yeah, by far it wasn't the best place to work, but I do have several great friends that I'm leaving. Plus, Austin was just down the road and lots of friends were there. Now, I'm in Wharton and it seems like there are NO young couples here! I talked to Beth Hagan this morning and she was going to meet the new teachers...made me sad to know that they are having their first kinder meeting without me. I texted Nick and he knew I was sad. He feels the same way, summer is about to be over and we should head back to our old apartments. It's just weird closing that chapter of our lives and starting a new one. Hopefully, the other new co-workers will make me feel more welcome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Jen! It's all a part of growing up and you will be fine. And if people don't like you for who you are then you be the adult and treat them with respect but nothing beyond. Jamie

Anonymous said...

It may be closing one chapter while you start a new one. Remember it is still in the same great book and the previous chapters are still there! beth